Saturday, July 31, 2010

You'll Never Change

enjoying my mojito
Heidi, Heidi, Jennifer, Po
Carlos, Me, Jennifer, Po


My last week of vacation went unfortunately very fast.

Wednesday I went to visit my cousin Cynthia who recently had a baby. Her newborn, Mia, is the cutest little baby girl in the world and I am so glad I got to meet her. Cynthia lives right next to the Zoo de Buenos Aires and it's really easy to get to from my house. Mia was being restless and we thought a walk around the neighborhood would calm her down, so we set off around the zoo, where there are tons of parks and great things to do. It was a beautiful day and an awesome opportunity to catch up with Cynthia. She offered me a part-time babysitting gig which I happily accepted!

That night I headed over to my dad's friend, Mago, to have dinner. His son and I are right about the same age so we had a bunch to talk about. They promised to invite me for lunch Sunday.

Thursday was probably the most important day of my week. I had University of Palermo's orientation at 11:00 am that morning. After looking for the school for about an hour, I arrived regrettably late and went straight to the room. Turns out the orientation hadn't started yet, but everyone was already waiting outside. And by everyone, I mean about 30 kids, all mostly from France. Not one was American. I knew it was going to be a long day.
Our orientation leader explained to us everything, from how to register for classes and where the best night clubs are! It was great to get a bit of information from someone who knows.

I made three French friends who I found to be really friendly, very different from the rest of the group. Adriana, Benjamin and Cedrick are now my foreigner friends!

After orientation my uncle called me and we headed over to Alto Palermo, where we had lunch and some ice cream. We did a lot of catching up. About 5 years worth. It's nice to talk to someone who can give some insight to life, but still has a young mind.

Now, last night was crazy! I first want to mention that I saw Inception. Which I have nothing to say but, AMAZING. GO SEE IT.
I met up at the movies with Heidi, and I was introduced to Carlos, Jennifer, and Polin. All three of them are super cool, and we decided to meet up to go out that night.
Heidi, Carlos, Jennifer, Polin, Matt, Mitch, Benjamin, Cedrick, Brad, Gina and Gina's friend, and me all met up at Palermo Soho, where we sat at a bar and shared delicious mojitos. It was a great time, and at about 2 am we headed into none other than Kika, where Heidi and I really enjoyed last weekend. While the music kind of sucked, it was very fun to be in such a large group. Heidi and I headed home at around 5 am.

Today, I will be enjoying my laziest day so far before I head over to Hillel for a night of dancing and stand up comedy with Becca and Gus. Later we are meeting up with Heidi to party the rest of the night away.

My life here never stops. Classes start monday. Maybe, that will slow me down.


No comments:

Post a Comment