Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chocolate

These past 4 days have been a blurr. I can't believe its been four days! It only feels like one.
This week I have been pretty much relaxing and trying to get acquainted. The streets here and very confusing, and you have to make sure not to get lost and end up on the wrong side of town. But, unfortunately, the only way to do this is to explore, and since everyone I know here is either taking exams or have programmed activities, I'm pretty much left to do it by myself.

I have been pretty much getting around by Subte D, which is the only one I have been able to master so far. It's easy because all I do is go to Becca's apartment and come back, which is right off the subway line. I am a master at this.

Yesterday, I told Becca I'd go over after she was done with exams, and I found myself greeting about 8 girls when I arrived. I met Maria, Alexis, Stephanie, Carrie, Katie and Maya outside the apartment building and then we all walked towards Alto Palermo, to get them all cellphones. We went to the same place I had gone to when I needed one, and the sales guy recognized me. He is a guy about the same age as me, and he was so happy that I brought him so much business. He thanked me by giving me a new Argentina jersey! It was awesome!

After that, we all headed over to the food court to get a snack, but the lines were soo long. Argentineans are everywhere, all the time. Everywhere is crowded, all the time. But, I was so glad to have been able to spend that time with the girls, everyone seems really nice and its comforting to know people here that aren't directly related to me.

Today, I woke up knowing all I wanted to do was get a haircut. I needed one so bad, and for those of you who saw me in Baltimore before I left, you know it was so long. So I cut it. And dyed it...I am now a auburn brunette, and I love it.


Last night the real homesickness kind of took over. I realized I really miss my family, my friends, and definitely my boyfriend. It's kind of hard not having people here that I can be myself 100% around, since I don't want to freak them out just yet (hehe!), but I do miss everyone...already.

Tomorrow is a new day, I am exploring the city with Heidi and then going out at night. Which by night, I mean like 1 am, because apparently Argentineans do not go out before 1. It's not cool. And you must be out til 7 am or you're a loser. I'm going to need a long nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment