Monday, July 26, 2010

Crazy Argentina



So friday night with Heidi and Katie was insane. Originally, there was four of us, and we all met outside of Becca's apartment and headed over to Santa Fe and Scalabrini Ortiz to Plaza Del Carmen. There, we ordered wine, original Italian pizza and some other stuff. After we had polished at least half of the wine bottle off, Becca didn't feel well and took a taxi home. I went with her and re-joined the girls at the restaurant. We were down to three, but we were prepared for a good night out! After paying about 60 pesos, 25 dolars each for dinner (which included wine, champagne and coffee!), we headed over to the hip district of Palermo Soho.

Palermo Soho is nothing like what you'd find in the States, unless it's obviously in New York. As soon as you arrive in the area (usually by taxi, since its kind of dangerous to take any form of public transportation at that time), it's usually 1 am, and bars are already filled for pre-game. Heidi, Katie and I all sat down at this cute little bar, which had outside heating so it was comfortable to just sit outside. We drank a bit, and then headed over to Kika.
We met one of my friends at the door, who knew a guy, so we got in without a cover charge which was awesome! Inside was crazy, with two dance floors, one for electronic music and the other for hip hop. While hip hop is not my favorite, it seemed to be more american music and not so much noise, so the three of us just stuck to that side. By 4 am, the place was packed. It was so hard to dance or even move! But, it was amazing. While you kind of have to fend off some men, it becomes really funny after a while. It's just an all-night kind of party.

We called a cab around 6 am, and I got in bed at around 7. I slept til 2 the next afternoon. It will take a long time to get used to this life.

Saturday, my uncle picked me up and we headed outside the city to my aunt's house. They live in a quite suburban neighborhood, where my mom, her sister and brother all grew up. My aunt currently lives about 10 blocks from my grandpa's house. It's a bit sad to walk by there.
That night, the whole Luftman clan got together and we all shared wine, pizza and lots of sweets and cakes. It was fabulous, and it didn't end until about 2 am. It was definitely one of my best memories so far. As much as my family can be a pain in the ass, I love them when they're all together. I slept over.

Yesterday I left my aunt's around 4:00, and I headed back over to the city. I met Becca for dinner at around 7:30 and we chatted about our weekends. I was glad to see she was feeling better, but I started to feel a little sick. I bailed on dinner early, and I've been in bed with somewhat of a flu since. So today, I am taking it easy.

It hit me last night how homesick I am. I guess being sick and far from home kind of did it. It's going to be a long trip, so I better brace myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment