Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Welcome Back

Club Araoz

At Hillel, enjoying our drinks


So I decided to update mid-week this time because I feel like this week is going to be a big one, since it has already been hectic enough and it's not even wednesday.

Last Saturday I grabbed dinner with Becca at Pompei, a beautifully crafted coffee house/restaurant where you can get baked fish with all kinds of sides for only $7. I ordered way too much food, but it was the most amazing meal I've had here by far.
After dinner, Becca and I headed back to my apartment to wait for Gus, who was being brought over by my aunt and uncle. They drove us to the Hillel house.

There are no words to describe the Hillel house. After looking at pictures for a little over a year, I have to admit it's much better in person. The house is an old rustic built, but it is crafted very nicely. It is definitely a place I'd love to live in. Because the activities were mediocre and nobody was really bonding, the three of us left at around 1:30am, and headed over to Santa Fe and Araoz to party it up at Club Araoz. It was amazing.

The place is jam packed with people by 2 am, and if you're pretty you are made V.I.P (which of course we were!), so it's an awesome location to be at on a Saturday night. They were giving out all kinds of little ears too, and I was humorously given the devil horns.
We left Club Araoz around 5 am.

Sunday was another full day. Heidi, Becca, Po and I all headed over to the Evita museum in Recoleta. It was a long walk from where we met up, but it was worth it. We learned a lot and afterwards had coffee at a really cute cafe right near the museum. It was a perfectly chill afternoon, before the start of classes.

I started classes today, at 8am sharply. Or I should have. After not only leaving late, I arrived at University of Palermo's PR building only to find out that my class for the morning was in another building 7 blocks away. I did not make it in time, but was 35 minutes late. Not my best first day ever, but the professor was really nice and was understanding once I told him I was an exchange student.
The class is all girls, which I don't quite enjoy because of the competitiveness but I'll get over. The lecture is three hours long, so I guess it's a good thing that the teacher makes jokes. I almost fell asleep by the 2nd hour, but he also gives us a half an hour break. It's really not that bad, except for the time it starts.

Tonight I got together with Becca to have some coffee. I think that's what I enjoy most out of this country, the fact that you can just sit down and have some coffee for hours and it's completely normal. It's definitely a lot different from the US. I could get used to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment