Monday, October 11, 2010

Lemon Pie!


Another week has come and gone, and we're winding down to the last two months of my trip. Crazy!
Before I continue, I just want to once again make a shot out to mi novio Mickey =) He has stood and stuck by me throughout my entire trip and so he is amazing for that!

I won't share much about my week sitting in classes, so I'll just skip over to Thursday. Thursday like any other day, I went to classes and later joined Heidi for a shopping trip in once in preparation for her up-coming Cordona Oktoberfest vacation! I finally learned the craziness that is that area, and how much shopping can be done there! After we were done, we were surprised by Katie and PoLin! It was wonderful to FINALLY be able to catch up, and I told PoLin about the amazing shopping and so we decided to take a trip during the weekend.

Friday I met up with my uncle Gabriel, and we had lunch at the very cute restaurant Anamora, two blocks away from Tribunales. It was nice to just sit and talk, and make plans for next weekend since my girls are leaving me for a trip to Puerto Madryn. After that I headed over to Belgrano to visit my grandparents and pick up some much needed money for the weekend. I walked around Cabildo Ave and headed off to meet PoLin for dinner to discuss our girly weekend since Heidi and Katie would be gone.

Saturday, I met PoLin at Once once again and we shopped till we dropped. Literally. Once has some of the cheapest clothes in the entire world, and it was really nice to be able to get some Argentine style clothing. While everything is very unorganized and kind of sketchy, it's definitely an adventure. I very much enjoyed it and I know Po found some good stuff! That night, we had an AMAZING parillada where we had an all-you-can-eat meat dinner. Yum. Nothing is better than Argentine asado. The following day was another girly day at the salon, and later at Sugar bar where we met up with Amelia (yay!). Amelia also goes to GW, like Po, and is from California. She will be staying in Buenos Aires for a year, and she is absolutely the nicest girl. I am so glad I got to hangout with her this weekend!

Today, since it was a national holiday, we did not have classes, and instead Po, Amelia and I met up at the Belgrano Train Station and headed over to San Isidro outside of the city, for some clean air and a picnic! It was a beautiful 70ish degrees outside and we enjoyed it at a local park. And we didn't get up once. We headed back on the train around 6pm, and headed straight home. We were exhausted.

Tomorrow, I also don't have school and I plan on studying my culo off for my very-soon-i'm-freaking-out midterms. They start next week and go until Oct. 28th. Classes end Nov. 10th. Finals start Dec. 1st. Everything is piling up and I need to get it done!
Next weekend since the girls will be gone (including Amelia), I plan on not only catching up on work, but also seeing my family who I have not seen in a while. Monday is Po's birthday so I have to be ready to celebrate! (Wait till you see her in the dress we picked up from Once). Will definitely be updating next weekend after the 18th.
Muchisimos besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment