Thursday, October 21, 2010

Colonia





I'm sorry to all my readers for taking so long in updating this week, but school work is really piling up on me! (and it doesn't help that I didn't take a minute out of my weekend to do it)

So I'll skip through my last week of classes since nothing major happened and I'll get to the good stuff. Friday I met up with Becca at the heart of the city and we walked along Florida Ave and settled into a McDonald's. After we order our delicious coffees, we sat to discuss some issues we had been having and made up, which was great! After our reconciliation we headed over to Florida Ave again and decided to do some street shopping, since I hadn't been after my robbery. I absolutely love el centro!
That night I invited Becca to sleep over, and the next day we headed to the feria in front of my house, right at Parque Centenario. The fair was good, and we found some amazing stuff! (Becca got a Louis!). I had taken Nano (my scottish terrier) with us, so after the feria we sat down at a cute cafe outside and had lunch. Nano made friends really quickly! Following lunch, I decided to take Becca to the Abasto shopping mall, which I was sure she had never been to. I was right. There is a type of dave & buster's place upstairs and we decided to hit up a few games. We had a blast being kids again! We even went on the ferris wheel! The day was concluded with a dinner at Plaza del Carmen.

Sunday was a beautiful day, made by the fact that I traveled to Uruguay! About 3 days before, I decided to go to Colonia, Uruguay but I didn't want to do it alone, so I asked my friend McKenzie who I had only seen a couple of times in BA to come with me. We ended up leaving around 8am to go to the port and our boat left at 9. The ride was pleasant and calming, and once we arrived in Colonia, we saw how beautiful it really is! Pictures do not do it justice. The whole historical district of colonia is very narrow and stretched, but to get through it all walking is about an hour. It's very tiny but so beautiful! The water stretches on for miles and it is very colonial and calm. It was a perfect day. I came home exhausted.

Monday was miss PoLin's BIRTHDAY!! We celebrated by going to an awesome thai restaurant in palermo and it was so great to see all the girls after so long! Katie, Heidi, Amelia, Po and I had a lovely dinner and even lovelier drinks! I love girl nights! Her birthday will be followed by some karaoke and boliche this weekend!
Before PoLin's birthday dinner, I met up with Kait! Kait is a girl I met at goucher (back in the day), and she studied abroad in the spring of last year. When I arrived in July, she was still here and we attempted to see each other but it was a bit difficult. She came back now for a week and invited me out for some coffee in the old opera house turned book store! It was absolutely gorgeous and seeing Kait was amazing! She has such an amazing connection to Argentina, and I'm so glad she can see all its beauty. She also has a fabulous argentine man, so who could blame her for wanting to come back?

The past week in school has been awful, since midterms have taken over and will take over next week as well. This week I had Relaciones Internacionales and Sociedad y Cultura. Next week: Relaciones Publicas y Historia de Civilizacion y Cultura. Que bueno no? So, mis amores, this is what I blame for not being able to update. Until the end of next week will also be very hectic, so I'm sorry if I can not update for a while, once again. I promise as soon as all this crazyness is over, I will come back!
Until then, mucho amor <3

No comments:

Post a Comment