Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween


lost!

lost!

pre-club lost!

angie!


What a crazy week! I know I say this every week, but this week it is actually true.

Last weekend was definitely a blast. On Friday night I went out with Heidi, Angie and Angie's friends to a club and it was quite fun. There are many stories of the night, and Heidi and I ended up being out till close to 6:30 am. It was one of my latest nights in a long time. Saturday we celebrated Po's birthday once again by singing some Karaoke and going to the club Lost afterwards. It was my first time ever karaoke-ing and I can honestly say it was a blast! We sang anywhere from "Like A Virgin" to "Never Going To Give You Up" by Rick Astley. I really enjoyed it, and to me, her birthday was a blast! (And we all looked fabulous!).

Unfortunately, following an amazing weekend, I got sick. Very sick. Much sicker than I've been in a long time. It started out as a sore throat and then turned into a runny nose, fever, nausea, basically the whole deal. And it has been this way for the past four days. Four days of being a house prisoner, since till today I could not get out of bed. Still though, I've had presentations, mid-terms and regular classes this week so I had to go. Luckily, Wednesday was a "feriado" or holiday because of the national census. Like in the U.S., Argentina only does a census every ten years, but unfortunately in order to do it, their system is to shut down the entire country, declare it a national holiday and force everyone to stay home. So basically, for the duration of the day, all hospitals, kiosks, restaurants, malls, parks, grocery stores, and even gas stations were closed. Nothing and no one was moving. It was one of the quietest days I've ever had in my life. At the same time, I was dying for some ibuprofen to relieve my fever, and you can imagine my frustration to not find a single pharmacy open. It was a day from hell. In addition, ex-Argentine president Nestor Kirchner passed away on the same day, so the news took up every single channel on TV, leaving me with nothing to watch but pictures and talks of the manifestations forming at Plaza De Mayo. I hope to never repeat a day like that again.

Today I actually got out of bed (despite the tsunami-like rain), and headed over to my grandparents' to get some money, and after I had an interview at a teaching center. I interviewed to volunteer in teaching underprivileged kids English, every Monday and Wednesday night. Luckily, I got the job! I am very excited to start THIS Monday. Woo!

Tonight, even though it is Halloween weekend, I will be staying in to make sure that I fully recover. Tomorrow though, I plan on taking my costume for a night out on the town with the girls. I can not believe that Halloween is already here, and that it is almost November. I will be arriving home in less than 7 weeks! It sounds so wild to me, time has gone by so fast. My mom is coming to visit on Thanksgiving, and I just can't believe that's right around the corner. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment