Monday, September 13, 2010

GOL!

What a crazy hectic week and weekend!

On Tuesday the 7th, I went to the Argentina vs. Spain game with Heidi, Katie and Po! It was an experience unlike any other, and the Argentine spirit did not let me down. After four goals against one on the Spanish side, the crowd was happy and excited to have won against the champions of the world cup. The victory was followed by fireworks which were just as amazing
as the game itself!

Fireworks!

Celebrating one of the firsts goals!

The rest of the week went as usual, until Thursday. After classes, I met up with my uncle Gabriel to go to Rosh Hashana services and dinner. I went to services at a local synagogue called Lambrot HaKol and the service was absolutely amazing! I really liked the rabbi. Later, we celebrated at Maru's best friend's house located in Olivos. She has an amazing house which comfortably fit all 40 of her guests, and the food was amazing. The night went awesome, but it brought a lot of sadness to me when I saw everyone immersed in their families and all I wanted was to be with mine. I definitely got emotional and had to step outside for a couple of minutes. I would have loved to share it with my family and friends.

Friday I had a very girly day full of shopping and salon work, and then met up with my uncle again to head over to Maru's country club house for Rosh Hashana dinner with my step-uncle, step-aunt, my 5 year old cousin Ezequiel, and my step-grandmother and her husband. It was a lot of fun, and we stayed together until about 2 am. I slept over there on Friday night.

On Saturday I joined my uncle while he looked at apartments in the city and fell in love with the idea of one day living here. Not that I would actually go through with it because it's not what I want, but some of these apartments were gorgeous! We saw one really good one which I hope he gets. That night, we celebrated back at Maru's my aunt Vivian's birthday. It was nice to see them and my cousin Gus who I've only seen a couple of times since I got here. It was another 2 am night, followed by me finally coming home!

Last night, for my last weekend at my grandparents' house, we went to see a French movie at the Arteplex cinema near the apartment and later ate some delicious mozzarella cheese pizza for dinner. It was the perfect last night.

This week, there is nothing too major except for the fact that I am moving on Wednesday! The house will be very close to where I grew up while I lived here so I'm very excited to go back in time, sort of...I'll post pictures when I'm all set up.
Until next time amores!

No comments:

Post a Comment